TreeThinker – Nurtured by Nature.
Sharney Bridge Farm is based in the beautiful West Oxfordshire countryside, converting grazing land into a rich, organic, permaculture farm which works with nature to produce high yields whilst benefiting the local ecosystem.
The farm demonstrates how permaculture can help revitalise the British countryside and provide ample produce to feed society in a sustainable way. Permaculture moves beyond organic and works with nature using methods such as:
- Companion planting
- Mulching (green manure)
- Rainwater harvesting
Chickens are rescued from battery farming and brought to live free-range lives on the farm, providing eggs for sale locally whilst also eating pests and providing nutrient rich fertiliser for the land.
Yields per area are higher than conventional farming and wildlife is encouraged to flourish and integrate with cultivated species. Permaculture farming also leaves more nutrients in the soil available to support future growth.
We are proud to be members of the:
The farms aims are:
- Convert 10 acres of grazing land into a sustainable, permaculture farm
- Rescue animals from unethical conditions, to become free range, organic animals who live happily at the farm
- Provide organic food for sale locally
- Educate people on changes that can help them to live more sustainably
- Promote permaculture techniques and encourage people to grow their own food
10% of all profits goes to the British Hen Welfare Trust.