Life can be pretty exhausting sometimes, so many tasks to get through and so little time. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just take a break? Here are 6 ways you can be lazy to save the planet:
1) Wash your clothes less – Save up clothes and only wash a full load. Wash at lower temperatures too – washing in warm water will get your clothes just as clean as hot if you aren’t fighting heavy stains.
2) Take your car to the car wash – They use half the water it takes to do it yourself.
3) Pay your bills online – it saves paper and reduces greenhouse gas emissions, so there’s another good reason for sitting at home in your pants surfing the web.
4) Use a dishwasher – instead of handwashing, but only when it’s full
5) Slow down – does life need to be so fast? Take it easy, driving at 50mph uses 25% less fuel than 70mph
6) Only flush toilets if really needed – follow the Australian maxim: “If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down.”
And if anyone is judging you, you can just say ‘Hey, I’m saving the planet’