After a rough start to our journey to set up a permaculture farm, things have begun to smoothen out.
We had to repriorities slightly, but with the help of some friends we have managed to set up boundary fences around the perimeter. We also managed to get started on planting; we’ve cleared a couple of small areas and planted a little garlic and some hardy spinach – adding mulch to keep it cosy as the cold weather creeps in.
Over the next few months we will be building some raised beds (like the one pictured below), setting up rainwater harvesting equipment and starting a compost pile, to get things ready for sewing next spring.
The u-shaped raised bed allows for maximising of space when it comes to raised beds.